Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Heavy Day?

I wake up
more disoriented
than a hungover morning in my twenties.
But there's no alcohol in the house,
there's a pandemic raging outside 
and no partying.

Where is this coming from?

My heart feels compressed
and out of resolve.
Resolve that had been furious yesterday,
to straighten out the wrinkles
in my life and others,
resolve that had taken over
the need to binge watch
the latest episode of Game Of Thrones,
resolve that had taken over
mindlessly, endlessly scrolling through
social media.
I feel cluttered.
I feel blunt.
I feel heavy.
I feel discolored.
I feel like the aftermath
of a hurricane.
Wrecked. Strewn all over.

Can I get my life back from yesterday?
Or do I trudge in my weary shoes 
through the envelope of reality
wrapping me tightly as most of us do
till it's time to sleep and wake up to a 
new possibility tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Monday, New Me.

Oh it was Monday today, wasn't it? I was supposed to be someone else today. Well, not just today - starting from today. Lists had been m...