Monday, May 17, 2021

New Monday, New Me.

Oh it was Monday today, wasn't it?
I was supposed to be someone else today.

Well, not just today -
starting from today.

Lists had been made,
forgiveness had been scheduled,
retributions annulled,
slander and gossip shelved.
Even the date circled on the calendar.

But you know how it is.
There's tending to bread
(the money kind),
the tending to the missus,
tending to the stomach,
tending to societal expectations,
and of course, the most crucial
one for the journey that was supposed to have begun today -
tending to self.

But tending to self
might have just figured
as a thin slice on the pie
I presented today morning.
The brain argues - "it was Monday!"
"So what? Doesn't mean you do what you always do!" says the heart-
"I need more control to kickstart our journey."
"Fine!" says the brain.

So, how many is that now?
I think I just hit number ten on the case
of the failures of the New Monday, New Me.

Next Monday it is then, where's that damn calendar?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Monday, New Me.

Oh it was Monday today, wasn't it? I was supposed to be someone else today. Well, not just today - starting from today. Lists had been m...