Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Happy Fuckin New Year

I am blind.
Literally. Figuratively.
And any other words you can think of that end with 'ly'. 
But my other senses work hand in hand to make sure I am sure of whats in front of me. 
Don't be fooled because I can't see.

Those other senses I mentioned,
work hard to make sure I don't stumble.
So I know by how you smell, by how it feels to touch you,
by how it feels to listen to your voice even if you're just whispering,
by how your lips and your skin taste 
that I am sure of you.

I want to be your every new year's kiss,
I wouldn't have it any other way.
I want to down a bottle with you,
of course of your favorite wine, and shout out songs
into the flickering city night.
I want to wolf whistle every time 
you put on any sort of clothes or take them off,
you're fuckin' beautiful anyway.
I want to take your hand and put it around me
and dance any time there's music anywhere.
I want to spend entire days with you,
nothing but skin and bones ( and the little fat from all our happiness )
touching you and sleeping all tangled in each other.

I want all this and I know I don't even need to see
to be assured.

Yeah, I can't see.
I can be sure all I want, but I can't see.
Literally - no. Figuratively - no.
You can see very well,
Literally - yes. Figuratively - yes.
So are you sure of me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Monday, New Me.

Oh it was Monday today, wasn't it? I was supposed to be someone else today. Well, not just today - starting from today. Lists had been m...