Thursday, November 23, 2017

Underwater

The sun shimmered in like always
photons dancing with the bubbles, in love.
The world outside was ever so unclear
ever so unimportant
till you decided to stop by.
The sun ray peeking in got
blocked for a second and I had to know
what the reason was.

I didn't want to scare you so
I rose up from the sandy bed and
made my way up quietly,
making sure I stayed beneath the surface all the while.

But within a fraction of a second of
peering through the ripples at you,
I was out out of the water
and gulping in large breaths of air
aware that my heart was pumping
adrenaline instead of blood.
The world outside was ever so clear,
ever so important
since you decided to stop by.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Monday, New Me.

Oh it was Monday today, wasn't it? I was supposed to be someone else today. Well, not just today - starting from today. Lists had been m...